non tongue and groove on concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, newbie here.

were in teh middle of refurbishing our house 1900's ish victorian with 80's extension and need a bit of advice with flooring downstairs. ive searched aplenty but cant seem to get a definitive answer.

i would like to fit wooden planks onto an existing concrete floor. ive seen plenty of advice regarding the use of t&G boards but none regarding 'normal' planks.

i know to use a dpc ontop of the concrete but from ther i am lost as how to fix teh boards in place. battens were suggested by a friend but then the battens would not be fixed.

my only other option it would seem is to use a laminate such as quickstep, which nice as it seems, doesnt come close to the upstairs floor boards.

sorry to go on so much in my 1st post... but im really stressing here :oops: :)

Sponsored Links
If your concrete floor is level (and dry!) glue down the planks with appropriate adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back