north south divide ?

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I guess this is a reference to Stockport being in a timewarp, never been myself.

Yeah, Will (4) has just started his first job as a chimney sweep, and God bless Queen Victoria. There's only one problem. Our house won't be built until 1961, so we'll have to wait. 124 years. Oh well.

Patience, everyone says round here, is a virtue.

Gloucestershire is the midlands ... All north of that, is, well, Bleakly North !!

Country has been going south for years !

P

Is the north where they breed people to do the jobs us southerners dont want to do?? ;)

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
Is the north where they breed people to do the jobs us southerners dont want to do?? ;)

Yes, I'm glad for all those northerners. It means I don't have to live in Manchester, Birmingham, Watford or anywhere else in the North ;)

I don't have to, either. Let's not get snobby about the North!

There are shed-loads of Southerners living up here - in fact a good 20% of my client base were born and raised in London & the SE.

Even I am surprised how many of "you lot" live in and around Manchester & Stockport.

;)

I'm just imagining going to Manchester and getting the questions that migrants got in the 1950s: "Those Eastenders, they're southerners to. Do you know them?" :LOL:

Some people up here think that residents of Smoke-on-Stench are Southerners....

North of gloucester and you need a whippet, flat cap and only have a £20 000 motgage......... don't know if thats good or bad???

Sponsored Links
Back