Northampton Installers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this post will break any rules so forgive me if it does.
I need to have a new boiler fitted (prefer a combi) to a 3 bed detached house in Northampton & was looking for recommendations of local companies / tradesmen that will not take the urine, don't get me wrong I will pay a fair price for a job I just don't want to feel I've been visited by Dick Turpin!.

Sponsored Links
what do you consider a fair price if you dont mind me asking ?

Sorry, I don't have a "price" as such, due to different boiler models etc. I was just looking for people that would be recommended as doing a good job & not be rip-off merchants. Hope that clarifys it a bit.
So far I have had a quote from the chap that condemned the old floor standing hot water cylinder unit & capped off the gas supply. To fit a new 22mm supply from the meter to the upstairs airing cupboard, fit Ideal Logic + 30kw condensing combi boiler, install new flue in loft/roof, install wireless room thermostat, flush rads with powerwasher & high strength magnets, THINK replace upstairs rad (4 of) valves with thermostat ones, test & commission. £2800.
Am I being naive in thinking this is a bit steep when the boiler is around £700?
He also offered same but using a Biasi Riva Compact HE at £2300.

price seems reasonable but not sure why there's £500 between those 2 boilers!
What was capped off and why?

Sponsored Links
The old unit was condemned as unsafe & ready to kill due to leaking fumes from the unit & the coroded old flue in the loft. He recommended I had the gas supply to the boiler capped to make it safe & to prevent anyone lighting it (the reason I called him was because I could not light it!). I think this was done at the meter but I could not say for sure.
I am also confused by the £600 difference when the price for the two units appear to be similar, maybe he has one he wants rid of?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back