Not hot water from Ravenheat RSF84ET, Central heating OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no hot water from my Ravenheat RSF84ET.
Turning on the hot taps I don't hear the boiler trying to light or do anything.

However it lights fine for the central heating, and i get hot water out of the taps if i leave the central heating on for a while.

It was fine last night, suddenly went cold this morning.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Its likely to be the diverter valve failed.

You will probably notice that the pin is not moving if you either can take the switch assembly off or just use an inspection mirror.

Tony

Thanks for the fast reply,
the pin is moving out of the back of the valve, but not quite enough to press the DHW pressure switch, if i press it with a screwdriver i get the boiler lighting up and hot water.

I'm guessing this means the diverter valve is on its way out? Looks like a pig to get at...

CHeck the diaphragm first. Your DV is in the "easy" category to a boiler man!

Sponsored Links
I have never changed one but as boilers go it looks pretty easy for me! but then I repair them all the time.

We charge only £106 to repair them and check the boiler operational settings so its not going to such a time consuming job.

It can probably be repaired by just changing the failed diaphragm part.

Tony

Thanks again for the info!
I can see where the diaphragm is but I need some angled screwdrivers to get to the screws at the back...also i need to drain it before i start unscrewing bits, not a job i want to dive into unprepared...unless any of you live near Stockport... ;)

I've stuck a bit of plastic in between the pin and the microswitch so we have hot water for now, I assume the problems just going to get worse though as the diaphragm deteriorates?

Many thanks.

The plumbers bodge is to stick a 5p piece ( or two as it gets worse ) onto the plastic disc which activates the switch.

To replace the diaphragm we would remove the whole unit and then replace the diaphragm on the bench ( kitchen table ).

Old plumbers will remember the white enamelled steel kitchen table tops which were ideal do do dirty work on.

Modern fancy wood finishes dont go well with working on cylinder heads etc.

If I ever saw an old kitchen table I would buy it for the workshop as they are so ideal for working on.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back