not on alarm

Sponsored Links
Couple of things spring to mind.

There's a diagnostic on it that tells you the state of the input, if it's in an alarm state of a healty/normal state. Check that as you do youir 'tests' with the battery.

I think by default (no manuals with me right now sorry) that input 1 defaults to call telephone number 1, input 2 calls 2 and so on. Any chance your testing input 1 but have programmed your telephone number into slot 2?

Is the sim working? can you put it in a normal phone and make calls? Doesn't it also state the unit is not compatible with a '3' sim (dont quote me)

You can set each input voltage from 0v (ground) to 12v and I've tried both.

I have measured the battery voltage and it's 12.5v.
I've looked at the input status voltage and it's showing 8v however.
i've tried altering input 1 to 8v, still no trigger.

the mobile number is inputted to input 1.
I'm using a giffgaff sim but that is O2 so wouldn't have thought it would be a problem and as said when using the keypad as a phone it dials out perfectly and dialling in goes to the menus and works the speakers etc on the unit.

it has to be something simple.
thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
Is the battery fully charged, it should be reading 13.4 or more.
A simple look at or a multi meter is not sufficient to test.
Again check the input polarity, and it is generally a negative, why change the norm.
Also it could have been changed from low, high, voltage or NO/C operation.

At default it is a NO voltage free operation, change it to voltage.

Go back through the programing. 400 option 4 I think.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

re set it to factory defaults. Programmed in the minimum necessary, everything hardware wise left the same as last night.

Working like a dream. Who knows what it was. So now a simple fit of drill a couple of holes, 3 wires and Bobs yer fookin granny hopefully. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back