notts and clear finish troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i have pine door linings, architrave and skirting. i need some advise,
1) whats the best oil to use for a clear finish, and where to bulk buy as i have the whole house to to

2) what should i use on the knots to stop them drying and falling out. i have seen some solutions to put on but it leaves a yellow finish where treated. any ideas as i love the look of the clear timber and want it all to look as natural as possible.

any ideas ???

Kind Regards
Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,

thanks for the pointer but i could nt see anything about protecting the knotts from drying and falling out.
also im looking to use an oil as i have been told that given the amount of timer i need to cover and the finish we are looking for that oil would be the best option. im open to ideas though.

any ideas on the knotts and the oils?

cheers,
matt

Sponsored Links
Dear Matt

Thank you for your enquiry.

Firstly the knots,the product that is ideal for this is called Transparent Polish and will take about 1 hour to dry. Just use a standard brush or cloth and apply to the knots.

Secondly as you are after a natural looking finish then I would definitely recommend our Danish Oil. It has been designed to provide excellent protection without the 'glassy' look of Polyurethane Varnish. Apply 2 or 3 coats of this by brush or cloth leaving it overnight between coats. Danish Oil is white spirit based which you will need for cleaning etc.

I hope that this is of assistance and am pleased to list the two direct web links to these products.

Transparent Polish https://vault2.secured-url.com/frenchpolishes/acatalog/Shellac_Polishes.html

Danish Oil https://vault2.secured-url.com/frenchpolishes/acatalog/Oils.html

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any other questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back