Novagard 4 Strobe Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Eurosec CP8 panel with Novagard Nova 4 bell box. I thought that the system was disabled but with the bell box LEDs flashing, as a deterrent. The last alarm technician to visit left the control panel disconnected. Since I am having some doors replaced I thought that now was a good time to check how the sensors are connected. Disconnecting the zone contacts a pair at a time, all went well until I got to what I imagine are the contacts for the panic button. The bell box activated and I had little option but to let it timeout. Unfortunately the strobe is still flashing. How can I stop this?

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka. I wondered why there was only one wire to the strobe pair.
I guess it won't be straightforward to get the panel back to the condition it was in before I triggered it, then. I'll try getting a different guy in to try to fix the panel.
I thought the sounder would stop with 12V on Bell Box 12 supply and 0V on Bell Box -12V supply & Bell SW-. Is that not right?

Sponsored Links
The CP8 Installation Manual (PR4958 Rev2.0) shows 2 connections for a Novagard 4, but Strobe+ (if I remember correctly) isn't connected on my unit.
Thanks for you help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back