Souped up bell box strobe idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen lots of alarms that have gone off and the strobe light was flashing on the bell box. During the day, it's usually very hard to see the strobe and my concern is that the deterrent effect is poor if no one can see it.

Has anyone given any thought as to souping up the strobe? I thought of one of those blue emergency service strobes that are mounted on ambulances or police cars. It could be mounted on the front of the cover. That should be pretty visible during the day, and spectacular at night...

A concern might be the atypical appearance of such a bell box. What would that say to a burglar? Burglars - opinions appreciated.

Such as:-
http://responsevehiclelighting.co.u...-Red,-Blue,-White,-Green-,-Split-Colours.html

Sponsored Links
The strobe on an external bell isn't supposed to act as a deterrent. Its there to provide a visual indication as to which alarms is going off

I have a separate Police strobe on mine along with a a Police siren (recently replaced for the latest models) as we are relatively remote and set well back from a road. The light and noise given off on alarm is like nothing else available.

Sponsored Links
I have a separate Police strobe on mine along with a a Police siren (recently replaced for the latest models) as we are relatively remote and set well back from a road. The light and noise given off on alarm is like nothing else available.

....and illegal no doubt.

We were trying to go for the ANPR camera set up too but the driver struggled by then.

Strobes are now supposed to stop with the sounder these days, (15min)

I have the original strobe and bell that take over after a predetermined time (currently 3 minutes) to save the death of wildlife. However, I'll receive notification on alarm to my phone/watch and can reactivate the Police gear via text or call should I deem it necessary after viewing CCTV on my phone. Also further confirmation will bring in the Police gear again too.

My installer takes all the credit. It is very well thought out system and implemented in the same fashion.

I see a secondary purpose to a burglar alarm other than as an external visual deterrent. Once a burglar is inside your property interfering with your pet goldfish, the alarm (having gone off) should draw attention to the fact that your premises have been compromised. The effectiveness of this "announcement" might be incentive for the bad guy to leave lest people come to investigate.

Paul, don't forget you also have the internal sounder, smoke curtain, nail bomb or whatever is chosen to help persuade an intruder to leave. You could also possibly arm the Goldfish with tazers for a further incentive.

nail bomb really?

I have heard of someone with a machine gun, but never saw it.

Inferno sounder internally.

Hope your goldfish are aware that water and tazers may not be a good idea?

nail bomb really?

I have heard of someone with a machine gun, but never saw it.

Inferno sounder internally.

Hope your goldfish are aware that water and tazers may not be a good idea?
Yeah, you just have to make damn sure you never set your own alarm off unless you're wearing an anti nail bomb suit.

The tazers are stuck to the glass above the waterline and gloves are provided on a plinth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back