NPOWER Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im a little bit concerned. We are in the process of selling the house, and the solicitors have asked for a copy of the certificate from last time the boiler was serviced as part of our 'home-care'. Not a problem, I have it. But on the certificate/report, the Terminal and Flue has been marked as a Fail. This is because, standards have changed since 2000 when the boiler was fitted, apparently. Also the Bonding has been marked Fail, for the same reason, standards have changed apparently. All else is a Pass. Will the fails affect the sale of the house? The boiler is in the cellar, so the flue cannot be moved.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It can't stop u from selling.

It would be down to the purchaser to decide if it bothered them.

Did the engineer leave paperwork explaining why these "failed"

Presumably the flue is too close to an opening?
Earth bonding probably wrong size/position

Hi, im a little bit concerned. We are in the process of selling the house, and the solicitors have asked for a copy of the certificate from last time the boiler was serviced as part of our 'home-care'. Not a problem, I have it. But on the certificate/report, the Terminal and Flue has been marked as a Fail. This is because, standards have changed since 2000 when the boiler was fitted, apparently. Also the Bonding has been marked Fail, for the same reason, standards have changed apparently. All else is a Pass. Will the fails affect the sale of the house? The boiler is in the cellar, so the flue cannot be moved.
Thanks.

Hi the purchasers are buying your house not the boiler. If they are going the cheapskate route and using one of these low cost conveyancing solicitors then it won't even be picked up. In the unlikely event that it is you can arrange through your solicitor an indemnity policy which woulda re the risk of future costs related to any corrective work required. If the classifications are Not to Current standards then personally I wouldn't be concerned.

Best iof luck with the sale....

thanks for the replys so far. the buyers are strata (the builders) using their own solicitor for part ex on our house. they did not leave paper work but explained why, the bonding is in wrong place, and the flue is at face level when going down the external cellar steps. which as a result gives the answer, 'no' to the last question on the certificate, is the appliance safe to use? which apparently they have to answer this way as a result.

Sponsored Links
i forget now, as far as i remember (it was serviced in nov 2013) they should be placed at a point on the pipes before where they are now. sorry i cant help answer more.

The paper work should have the gas safe industry standard terms i.e Not to current standards,at risk or immediately dangerous and an explanation as to why the installation did not meet these standards.

it dosent, its a form from npower called a CP6, and all it says is 'FAIL' against Flue Terminal and further down it says 'FAIL' against Bonds.

If anything is truely so unsafe, is it correct that it must be recorded on a CP12?

sorry i meant cp6 form, as npower call it. so do npower not supply customers with the proper paperwork to which you refer?

If it's only NCS (not to current standards ) then no, that information can be verbal or written.

If it's at risk or Immediately dangerous. Then it needs to be in writing.

Can you post a picture of the flue terminal.
The earth bonding is NCS

im trying to post or upload a picture, but it wont let me right now. so just to clarify, if it is only NCS then it does not have to be on official paper work, hence the cp6 from npower?

im trying to post or upload a picture, but it wont let me right now. so just to clarify, if it is only NCS then it does not have to be on official paper work, hence the cp6 from npower?

Yea if it's NCS the paperwork is not a requirement.

Most would issue paperwork for NCS but it is not a requirement

this is the flue, which on npowers cp6 form handed to me after service, shows 'fail'. but i have not been told by proper certificate, the code and reasons on the official form/cert to which some of you guys have refered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back