Nutralising water smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While setting up temporary water tanks the plumber connected the central heating expansion pipe to the hot water expansion tank giving me truely centrally heated water!

Is there anything I can add to the cold water tank to remove the smell & taste of rusty water?

He said it had never been a problem before.

My anxiety began when he arrived & when he found that another plumber was doing the boiler/ supplies to the loft extension (the developer said to get a plumber for outside the loft) & said he did not want to do the job.

I expect the work to be done in 22 mm pipe (hot/ cold water; pumps in & out) dropping down to 15 mm pipe supply to the taps with an isolation valves before. Are these reasonable expectations? Are there any other wheezes I should be aware of? Is plastic the normal material for hot & cold pipe now? (I'm a copper & Yorkshire man)

The hot water tank will be a long way from the cold water tank. Can the expansion pipe go anywhere else?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, very much like that except the horse is a van

He is the contractor's plumber rather than mine so all I can be is vigilent

Are my expectations viz pipe size/ isolation valves reasonable? and does the hot water expansion pipe have to go to the cold water tank?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back