Oak Laminated MDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this one quite simple u would think where can i get sheets of oak laminated MDF and been doing lot of searching and cant find any sheets yet :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Hi Jason

How did you seal the oak veneered mdf around the bath to protect it from all the moisture ... I'd thought of doing something like this for a friend but then thought it might be a bad idea.

Please advise!

Zigs

Sponsored Links
Hi Jason

How did you seal the oak veneered mdf around the bath to protect it from all the moisture ... I'd thought of doing something like this for a friend but then thought it might be a bad idea.

Please advise!

Zigs

What bath there is no bath and the only veneer in the showerroom is Wenge for the shelves and cupboard above the basin which had several coats of waterbased lacquer.

If it were a bathpanel then I would use veneered MR MDF(moisture resistant) and this would still need sealing on all surfaces and I would likely go with melamine lacquer as its a bit more durable than the waterbased.

Jason

Thats not veneered. Its just MR MDF and was painted, 2ct Dulux quick drying primer/undercoat, 2ct Dulux Oilbased eggshell. Front, back and all edges painted.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back