Obsolete hotplate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I,ve got a Rangemaster 110 Electric range and the hotplate with the sensor on it has died. Unfortunately this part is now obsolete. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace this sensor plate with a non sensor one? The people at Rangemaster spares cannot give me an answer as they are just looking at a list of spares on the computer. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you only tried to obtain Rangemaster one or other manufacturers as well? If you have tried other parts suppliers, then try googling" obsolete parts for ------". I doubt it will be safe to fit a sensorless one but I have no experience of those cookers so cannot say one way or the other for definite.

Yes it is, you have to know what your doing and alter the wiring it is possible, we've done it.

You will need to change the energy regulator, that's easy, depends on the connections on the hotplate. But a standard energy reg, controlling the plate with the sensor would work, you could leave the sensor to fill the hole or by a new hotplate.
Its about having a look at what is there. Appliances are made to take standard & delux items (that's what the sensor is).
(I worked 25 yrs in development of domestic appliances, long time ago, but little has changed in that area)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the best option is to replace the plate and regulator. Lets hope the regulator isn't obsolete as well!
Cheers.

Strange...I made a post yesterday it hasn't appeared.
Repeat:
You may not need to change the hotplate, you can remove or leave the sensor, just it wont be connected. Without seeing the hotplate terminals its a bit of guess work, can you post a picture of the hotplate terminals, you might be able to save a few £££

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back