Ocean Alpha 240E hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the DHW it works fine when its set to both DHW and CH but when just set to DHW the hot water flow is only luke warm at full flow and hot at a trickle.

Any ideas on which part is at fault and how easy it is to replace.

Sponsored Links
Turn the ch off and run a hot tap.

Check the big pipe to the left under the boiler (flow), if it gets hot the diverter has jammed midway and needs replacing.

If the boiler simply doesn't fire for HW when the ch is off, it will probably be the diaphragm.

the boiler fires up instantly on demand from the hot water tap when on hot water only, it looks like the diverter valve what are these like to replace or can they be freed off

When you say the diverter needs replacing do you mean the operating head, the diverter valve/manifold or ?

What actually fails on these parts

Sponsored Links
Its the rear manifold section which "follows" the front diaphragm unit under the action of a spring at the back.

I have tried cleaning these by dismantling and cleaning in hot citric acid but they never last very long.

Consequently I always replace the whole valve. Its rather odd that its mainly the Alpha and Potty/Baxi badged similar models which are very prone to this fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back