Ocean Alpha 240e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could shed a little light on this problem I have...

My Ocean Alpha 240e Central heating, ( the unit without the timer) has started acting odd..
It basically has three options, either

Off
Hot water on request
Radiators and Hot water on

Now when the unit is set to hot water only, when a hot tap is turned on the pilot light ignites all the gas and the hot water comes out of the tap, but when the radiator and hot water option is selected the pilot light lights for a few seconds and the goes off for a few seconds then comes on and keeps doing that and not heating the system. So basically the radiator can not be used...

Anybody got any ideas,

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
at the bottom of boiler just by the hot water heat exchanger is little sensor screwed into the pipe this is the usual cause of the fault you describe. Needs replacing..

Chris this boiler is basically a baxi 80e

Sponsored Links
That was the first thing I thought of, but was put off by "a few seconds". Not seen one do that cos of the sensor.

Ha ha yeah typical sparky.. :LOL: Open front of boiler by undoing two screws one either side of control panel or at top of front panel and lifting front off.

In the bottom middle will be a silver thing about size of a brick, sensor should be to left hand side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back