Ocean Alpha 240p.....H/W Prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help? when i turn h/w tap on boiler takes 15-20 seconds to fire up, then gives me about 30 secs of h/w before shutting off??, if i leave the h/w tap open the boiler will only re-fire after 1 minute giving me another 25-30 secs h/w....?? anyone?

Sponsored Links
Does the pin come out of the diverter valve and activate hte boiler immediately or not? If not then I suggest a dodgy diaphram.

If the pin is doing the business and the boiler is not cycling properly then I suspect a scale/sludge problem. This is, of course, assuming i am thinking of the right boiler.

If the boiler fires up initially each time then diaphragm s/be ok. From what you have described the problem is caused by a blockage to the primary side of the DHW heat exchanger. This prevents heat transfer to the DHW side hence boiler reaches temp prematurely and closes whilst water at outlet. cools. If tap left running boiler re-fires later when primary cools below control stat limit. New plate DHW will cure, look at system cleanse and filter on return pipe long term.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back