off centre tv wall bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a local electrical firm to fix the wall bracket and hang my plasma tv dead centre on my wall. On inspection later I find that there is a 5 inch difference from one side of the tv to the end of the wall compared to the other side ..2 and a half inches off centre. As the bracket can't be moved now ( leaving visible holes on view) I wonder what recourse I have with this firm, any comments would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
It all depends on different peoples perception of 'central' If its really noticable then you may have a point.

I would say it is 'reasonable' to expect it to be within an inch either way. Obviously the fitter never used a tape measure. The question is : - What is everyones else's perception of reasonable?

You should be pushing for your installation fee returned or the TV to be moved to a central position and the wall made good.
Nowt to lose by complaining about it. They may sort it or tell you to F off.
If you don't get anywhere then go to trading standards for advice if you really feel badly done to.

I have fitted 2 the other day and both do slide left or right for adjustment, does yours?

jimboc said:
As the bracket can't be moved now ( leaving visible holes on view) I wonder what recourse I have with this firm, any comments would be appreciated

Been there

Used a decorative piece of fine carved oak between the wall and the bracket in its new and correct position. A piece that was large enough to also cover the holes left at the wrong position.

Sponsored Links
I would think that as long as you were clear and told he engineers to fix it in the middle of the wall, then you have a strong argument that they did not provide you with the service you asked for. It would then be their responsibility to fix the problem - including any damage they caused.

If however, they deny that you told them to put it 'dead centre' then it comes down to one word against another - hard to prove who is correct, and best thing would be if the company wanted to maintain good customer relations and as a 'gesture of good will' they offer to move it. As mentioned above - Trading Standards might help you get something done.

Good luck :p

Back