Office 2007 - WORD default font

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to set new default font. I did this by Home - Styles - Manage Styles - Set defaults, but it does not work, reverts to the original font. Any advice much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
1.If your document already contains text that is formatted with the properties that you want to use, select that text.
If you are starting from a blank document, go to step 2.

2.On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher (this is the little 'arrow' to the right of the word 'Font', and then click the Font tab.

3.Select the options that you want to apply to the default font, such as font style and font size. If you selected text in step 1, the properties of the selected text are set in the dialog box.
4.Click Default, and then click Yes.

1.If your document already contains text that is formatted with the properties that you want to use, select that text.

2.On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher (this is the little 'arrow' to the right of the word 'Font', and then click the Font tab.

3.Select the options that you want to apply to the default font, such as font style and font size. If you selected text in step 1, the properties of the selected text are set in the dialog box.

I change the font & other attributes by changing the 'normal.doc template'
All new documents are then created the same.

Sponsored Links

I change the font & other attributes by changing the 'normal.doc template'
All new documents are then created the same.

You will find with software applications, that there are many ways to achieve the same outcome.

Thanks for replies. I tried this, but when Word closed, then opened again, reverts to 12 size font. I do not know why, as Word 2002 could change defaults this way. Bit odd.

Back