Oh great!! The fireworks have started.

drspock said:
I think if you check you will find that the majority of the fireworks around this time are the followers of the muslin faith celebrating the end of ramadam.
At least it is around this neck of the woods, very colourful too.

I think if you check there are lots of people celebrating Diwali with fireworks (it is the festival of lights after all) aswell

http://www.underfives.co.uk/diwali.html ;)

Not quite cottoned on to this muslin faith yet...are there strings attached? :p

Sponsored Links
Just ban fireworks that go bang or whistle - then they can sell as many as they like.

I think there should only be controlled events using fireworks and the public should not be able to get their idiotic hands on them....the reason??.....because some moron tried to fire one of them into my head last year as i was standing at a bus stop.

Thermo said:
not like the old days when they used to roll the barrels of tar on fire down the hill and bonfire jumping Nige!

They can get quite violent around the county in the weeks leading up to it as all the rival bonfire societies in the surrounding villages have their own do's!
Not so violent nowadays ....we`re all in our 50`s now ;) :LOL: :LOL: ..........Funniest thing I ever saw @ a do was in Fletching .........can`t remember the pub , but someone had made a willy out of dental wax :eek: well, we were well ****ed @ the time :p

Sponsored Links
What winds me up most about fireworks is the size of them these days, its a joke...they dont have to be that big.

How the heck am I suppposed to get them through the old lady up the roads letter box? :evil:

And as for tying them to a cats tail...no chance :evil: :evil:

This country! :rolleyes:

One strange thing though...Guy Fawkes..why did he pick bonfire night to blow up the Houses of Parliament?

Was t because all the bangs from the fireworks would have covered up the sound of them creeping about?

JohnD said:
Guy Fawkes: the only man who ever entered Parliament with honest intentions. :)
And the most famous one to be ****ed by the politicians therein. :evil:

Zampa said:
And as for tying them to a cats tail...no chance :evil: :evil:
Good thing too. Only this afternoon I was greeted by my neighbour's cat, Stumpy, on my way home.

gcol said:
It's like world war 3 outside tonight. Where do these kids get the money from to watch it burn this freely from now till Nov 5th? :rolleyes:

Probably from the benefits system which your tax pays for. Bloody nuisance they are.

I don't mind them setting them off. But why do they have to wait until 11pm to do it? I was never allowed out while that late when I was a kid. Come to think of it, I'm still not allowed out that late! :(

gcol said:
But why do they have to wait until 11pm to do it?
Because it's daring and therefore fun for them. have you truly forgotten the boyhood thrill of doing things that you know you shouldn't be? :rolleyes:

Granted, there are safer things for boys to do, but they will be boys, as the saying goes...

Softus said:
Because it's daring and therefore fun for them. have you truly forgotten the boyhood thrill of doing things that you know you shouldn't be? :rolleyes:
Like that time I fired my shotgun over the school you mean? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back