Oh No.. Ideal Istor HE 260

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just bought a new house and it has an Istor. Looked quite snazzy on first inspection but having got the keys on Friday had the engineer out on Saturday to start it. It has been shut off and drained down for 6-9 months as the house was reposessed so any faults are mine to fix and pay for...

The boiler is now working but there is a small list of items that the kind engineer left me with such as expansion tank, immersion seal, diaphram(?) etc.

In the short term it is working to its own programme from the little circular programmer on the unit itself but there is also a digital room thermostat (Honeywell CM907) which i cannot for the life of me work out how to get to control it. I use the same thermostat in my current house to control a combi and it works fine.

I've downloaded the Istor manuals from Ideal but all it does is explain how to use the built in programmer and I can't see an obvious (until someone points it out that is!) way of transferring control to the wall mounted thermostat in the hall.

Any ideas? All will be welcomed...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back