Oi, you, get back to work!

I like talking with the young 'uns, I really do. If you actually take the time to talk with them, & have the ability to interpret the grunts & shoulder shrugs, then you should be able to see that they are scared & have little faith in their futures because they have no hope.

What's the point in starting a career if you can never aspire to buy a home to raise a family, the only personal transport available to you will be a bicycle & in approx 10yrs time we are all going to burn in the hell fires of global warming if we don't choke on the pollution of log fires before . . . .

They are 'laying down' & they are choosing the best paths available to them according to the thought patterns that have been imprinted inside their immature brains.

Sponsored Links
They are 'laying down' & they are choosing the best paths available to them according to the thought patterns that have been imprinted inside their immature brains.
True. Some are electing not to go to university to avoid the debt. Some also wonder about the career path and possible difficulty in getting their first job even with one. They can also come across pre selection problems before they actually have a degree and it needn't matter in that case what class of degree they finish up with - pre selected too.

True. Some are electing not to go to university to avoid the debt.
It upsets me that I have been approached several times over the years to employ youth straight from skool that really should be going on to uni. I really don't understand how our uni's are so full of hopeless & witless green haired LGBTQ Marxist revolutionaries while all our future engineers want to be mere plumbers :).

I think the greatest tragedy of our times is that we have confused equality of opportunity with equality of outcome.

We are breeding a nation of weaklings. We won't be around to suffer their demise, they will eat themselves in their own incompetence.

I happened to see an article today about increasing the pension age

"Macron government unveils plans to raise French retirement age to 64

Prime minister Élisabeth Borne seeks to assuage union anger at reforms by vowing to increase minimum pension"

"The plan presented by Élisabeth Borne, the prime minister, on Tuesday stopped short of raising the age to 65 as Macron had promised last year when running for re-election. Instead it tweaked the other parameter that affects French workers’ retirements by requiring people to pay into the system for 43 years instead of around 41 now if they are to qualify for a full pension.

In a bid to win support, the draft law, which will be presented to parliament in the coming weeks, will also include sweeteners. These include an increase in the minimum pension to around €1,200 a month from around €900 now and concessions for older people with physically demanding jobs."

Cor!

Sponsored Links
It must be the company you keep, Dork - good for nothing layabouts?:LOL:

I think the greatest tragedy of our times is that we have confused equality of opportunity with equality of outcome.
The entitled generation. Everyone's entitled to a first class degree...

I've been asked if I can help with someone's school stuff, because they're a bit behind, and they want to do well. There's one, at least.

Youth of today don't want to work, quite happy living off their parents , all want to be YouTube stars and all want to be paid minimum 50k a year because they feel they deserve a superstar lifestyle like the idiots they follow on social media. Of course they don't want to work for the money either.
This ^^^ Plus the stupid do-gooders telling them they can be anything they want to be. They can't. They also conveniently leave out the bit about working hard, turning up on time and doing as they are told.

Neither did you when you were young.

Typical 'superior gammon' behaviour from the young people haters.
wrong i walked into the workplace knowing how to work with the vast majority of hand and loads of machine tool you coming out of the remedial class were still playing with plasticine and play doh

I happened to visit a busy petrol station once where, for whatever reason, all the staff appeared to be above pension age.

It was utterly unbearable. There was a queue out of the door and cars queued onto the road. But not the slightest sign of urgency among any of the staff, just plodding along without a care in the world and having a natter with the customers and among themselves.

So I doubt that dragging retirees back into the workplace is going to help the nation's productivity.

I happened to visit a busy petrol station once where, for whatever reason, all the staff appeared to be above pension age.

It was utterly unbearable. There was a queue out of the door and cars queued onto the road. But not the slightest sign of urgency among any of the staff, just plodding along without a care in the world and having a natter with the customers and among themselves.

So I doubt that dragging retirees back into the workplace is going to help the nation's productivity.
They like to cause delays in petrol stations in the hope that fuel prices go up by the time someone's paid and moved off and the next customer starts to fill up.

wrong i walked into the workplace knowing how to work with the vast majority of hand and loads of machine tool
Of course you did boyo. Shortly after you discovered that lying could boost your fragile ego, when confronted by the school bully.

We couldn't afford play-doh. I had to make do with plumbers mait.

Sponsored Links
Back