Oil boiler supply pipe

If you want to fit it yourself thats up to you and I don't mind helping... it sounds like health and safety and control of pollution isn't really much of a concern where you are so why not...

As you're fitting an oil boiler a CORGI registered engineer would not be required even in the UK.. OFTEC is the organisation that cover the installation of oil fired boilers and actually you don't have to use one of them in the UK either...anybody can install an oil boiler here but you do have to have it checked out by Building Control ifyou're not registered... but as you are in Estonia I guess you can do what you want....

You could use 6mm pipe but if it says 10mm in the book use 10mm it will not make any difference to the boiler... the fittings are very standard things, all you need to do is ask the supplier to give you the correct fittings (3/8 or 1/4) to go with your filter, fire valve etc etc ....... they will know what you want and put them all in the bag...... also buy some oil seal paint.

I think fitting a fire valve would be a bit of a waste of money if the tank is only a meter from the boiler as it's purpose is to stop the oil entering the building !!!!!

My advice, should you boiler catch fire is.... RUN LIKE F*** and tell the Estonian fire brigade to use foam and not water to put your house out.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this Grib. The tanks here are basic plastic but sitting in a steel box (basically a thin plate box without a lid - which is apparrently supposed to be fire/hazard protection). So the pipe work is from the top of the tank.
This is a link to the tank supplied in Estonia (from Germany) - ever seen this before or understand the fittings on top?

http://www.dehoust.de/index.asp?art=pkatalog&g1=2&g2=1&g3=0&g4=0&g5=0&g6=0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back