Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D
I am about to replace a burnt out Wilson Oil Boiler,,at the moment the flu goes up a chimney, I have been told by warmfront,that a new boiler cannot use a chimney or with a liner put in,and becase i'm not on an 'outside' wall,a boiler would HAVE to go out-doors ? correct ? please advise on regs, Mike

Sponsored Links
You can of course stick a condensing liner up a suitable chimney - both Grant and Worcester, for instance, offer their own solutions, others are available.

If you are taking the taxpayer's money, you will have to accept their methodology.

Warmfront ALWAYS try to take the easy route Stick to your guns as simond has said both Grant and Worcester do a flexible liner for condinsing applications and both do a Twin pipe liner system
Personally I would not want a Worcester oil fired boiler as they are hell to service I would go for the Grant Vortex
P.S. congratulations on keeping your old wilson W/F going for so long!! ;)

love working on the w/f wilson i have a couple still going nr stanstead..

just to add to the above you will of course need to get rid of the condensate and im not a fan of pumps :(

Go for grant worcester "oil" are crap wish they didnt buy out boulter
now they were good :)

Sponsored Links
Cor! your'e lucky I have just lost my last Wilson 60 in Cambridgeshire (Rotor failure) they're fitting a Grant Vortex ASAP ! I've still got a Hess Brick Central and a Danesmoor FAP60 in fine form though!! ;)

Warmfront ALWAYS try to take the easy route Stick to your guns as simond has said both Grant and Worcester do a flexible liner for condinsing applications and both do a Twin pipe liner system
Personally I would not want a Worcester oil fired boiler as they are hell to service I would go for the Grant Vortex
P.S. congratulations on keeping your old wilson W/F going for so long!! ;)
Thanks, But My Wilson caught fire Xmas,3 days before,Fire brigade job ! been OFF ever since and I'll slowly proceding with a warmfront grant,should be in by this Xmas !!

Wilson and other oil fired boilers were good in their day - when oil was 1p per litre and the railways were steam powered.

They use half as much oil again as a new properly controlled boiler.

If the chimney is more than 2m from the nearest alternative exit point for a flue, then you can use a non-condensing boiler. This will save you money on purchasing, installation, servicing and maintenance. It will cost you 3 to 4% more in oil. The boiler will probably last longer too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back