Oil Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Myson 50/60 and it's struggling a bit keeping up with the demand.
I have had it checked out with an engineer & he says it's running perfectly but is really on the small side for what it has to do. He suggested fitting another one along side this ( thus having 2 ) of a similar size Or replacing it with a 70/90. I have seen a Worcester Danesmoor SLP12-14, does anyone knowe the output of this ?.Also seen a Trianco Eurostar 70/90, all balanced flue's.
Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi
2 boilers side by side????, obvious reasons for not doing that the 2 flue's would probably be 2 close to each other, more space needed, twice the cost of repairs and service, dont know if you are on a grvity or pressurised sytem but if u have a cylinder you will have to change it for a double coil, change pipework from oil tank manifold or 2 outlet filter and new pipeline to new boiler, bugger that id rip it out and put in a Worcester greenstar either gravity or combi oh thats if you want a decent boiler well my opinion anyway :LOL:

Thanks, I didn't want to have 2 boilers anyway.
Do you know if the Trianco 70/90 I mentioned is any good ?.

Also, as oil is new to me does turning it right up consume " a lot " more oil since the boiler is smallish I'm thinking turning it right up would make it warmer in the house whilst maybe being more efficient ???.

As it is it's on (running that is ) quite a lot.
My Myson 50/60 does get the 11 rads hot but like I said it's on more than off.

go for the Grant vortex oil range.
WB are not much good these days, Trianco tend to be poorly built.

Sponsored Links
don't know much about trianco boilers most boilers that i service are either grant or worcester, i've installed many many worcesters and in my opinion they are the rolls royce of boilers, your heating engineer should work out the heatloss of your property, he will advise u that rads are either 2 large or small for that particular room, he may advise you to update the existing system by fitting thermostatic rad valves, room stats programers etc. once the heatloss has been ascertained the computer program he uses will give him radiator sizes need he will add all sizes together plus pipework and that will automatically tell him what size the boiler has to be. easy peasy really.

worcesters and in my opinion they are the rolls royce of boilers

I thought that till the brought out the Greenstar Heatslave. What a load of problematic rubbish.
Mind you the free-bees WB were good quality :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Service about 15 or so WB's where I work, alongside grants, old Triancos, Nuways, ecoflams. Least troublesome are the WB's.

spot on gremlin, the greenstars are unbelievable :rolleyes: WB have have set new standards in mediocrity.

I particularly like struggling to crowbar the access plate off.

A joke boiler.

Grant are the only oil boilers we fit, very well built and very reliable

Oldboiler123 must be a Troll.

He is either seriously taking the pi$$, or completely clueless.

OK. back to the thread. Whats a simple slot in replacement but 90000btu instead of the 60000 btu myson I already have ?.

your myson is due to develope a split waterjacket any time now.

what is it, a velaire or vitesse? all way beyond the sell by date. :oops:

If you want a quality oil boiler then a Grant Vortex 15/26 may suit your needs. 15-26 Kw (50-90000 btu) www.grantuk.com

I say may because we do not know what the heatloss calculation would require.
A reputable OFTEC engineer would be able to calculate your heating requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back