oil boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey, im really hoping someone is able to give me some advice,
my tank ran out of oil since had it filled, any way the boiler kept going into lockout, my husband bleed the oil line, but he turned the air line pipe first before he turned the oil line, all by mistake, and now we got the boiler working again but it was blowing black smoke from the vent outside, so he adjusted the air line screw and no smoke seems to be coming out the outside vent i thought it should let out white smoke? sorry for making sound a little simple just not that tech minded.
if anyone can give advice it would be really helpful :!:

Sponsored Links
If yours is a Condensing boiler then the flue should produce white "Steam"
never black smoke

It would be extremely wise to get your Boiler Maintenance Company to come and check the oil pressure and carry out flue gas analysis to make sure the boiler is tuned correctly I have just been to a job where a similar situation had occured and as a result within a couple of weeks the boiler was a block of soot. now anyone that has had to clean out a heavily soooted oil condensing boiler will confirm that this is a situation best avoided oh and the cost to clean out said boiler ? £200+Vat (it took 4 hours to complete! ;)

So it would be considerably cheaper to get the Engineer in before it all soots up!

thanks boilderman, such a pain cos only had it serviced 4 months ago, not too sure what an condensing boiler is all i do know is that my boiler is an thermacon lol :oops:

Sponsored Links
Theremcon is a Standard Efficiency Boiler
still not nice if sooted up!

is it one we service? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back