Oil Combi Boiler - Valve Problem?? Help needed please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Eurocal 70/90 Combi Oil Boiler.
A problem has developed in that the first upstairs radiator on the system stays hot all day, even when the heating system is switched off and both room and frost stats are set so that the heating should not come on.

The boiler is switching on and off as usual for hot water system demand, and the heating system works normally throughout the house when timer and stats demand the heating be on.

I have switched boiler off (at mains electric supply) overnight to allow system to go cold, and checked expansion vessel and water pressures (which are OK), but the problem reoccured when the system was switched back on.

I guess this is an electrical switch or valve problem, but don't know how to pinpoint the problem. Can anyone out there help please?

PS The air bleed valve on top of the boiler is showing tell tale signs that a small amount of water is coming through the (tyre valve type) valve on top, and through the joint in the brass casing. Is this likely to cause problems?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back