Oil Fired boiler for domestic/central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello house build warrant/planning permission granted 2023, start work 2024
architect advised do not need central,heating (NE Scotland) only a wood stove in living room, footprint is 170sqm. It took forever/years to get to this stage/red tape. We have decided that we should put in central heating but wait until house is complete and signed off by LA. As we are all being encouraged to go electric/solar which is ok in full sunlight days but nov-March very poor if any solar. My question is can I retrofit heating system radiators and an oil fired boiler(yes oil) . I am aware of the recent publication build regs changes 2024 do I require planning permission for this post house completion. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It should not be a planning issue, but check the actual regulations up there. Also check any planning conditions on your permission.

I don't know of any value in installing a boiler after the build is finished. But if so, it may be wise to install all the pipework and prep work, so that the boiler and radiators can just be simply fitted and commissioned. The same regulations apply whichever way you fit it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back