Oil fired Wallstar Combi problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I attempt to repressurise the system water pours out of the overflow pipe outside. I think that this can only be a faulty pressure relief valve that is stuck open. Can anyone confirm this, or have other ideas?
Also can anyone recommend where I can get one of these valves. I tried the local Plumbers Shop and the Plumb centre with no luck.
Thanks. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Can you not twist the valve head around till it 'clicks' and jumps back into its seating ? Scale can sometimes hold the valve open, if it has been activated in the past due to over pressure / temperature. Have you remedied the original problem of why the valve was opening in the first place ?

Thanks for your reply. I assume you mean twist the plastic knob with 3 bar printed on it. I have done this many times. I have even given the valve a few swift taps with a hammer in the hope of freeing it.

The original problem was lockout due to overheating - air in the system.
I intend to solve this by thorough venting once I refill the system. I need to find a supplier for the valve first.

Thats the one. Most decent plumbing suppliers should be able to order you one if they don't stock it. Just get the brand details from the valve, mentioning the boiler make and model. :)

Sponsored Links
You should as said change the prv but you should wonder WHY it operated and why it was over heating
After fitting the prv keep a close eye on the pressure as you may have a faulty expansion vessel ;)

I had probs myself finding a suplier that had parts in stock for a wallstar 25/19 combi.
So I now phone them direct on 01953 455400 and any part you want
they will post to you.
If you ask to speek to a tecniction just tell him your problem and he will take the time to tell what to check and how to solve your problem
best service Ive ever come across and delivery is Quick too.
So dont wast your time trying plumbing supliers.
Hope this is of help to you
Archie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back