old clay pipes adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

this is my first post so im hoping someone can shed some light on this problem that im having

im installing an inspection chamber as im having my kitchen and bathroom extended, ive dug down where im gonna install the inspection chamber, however the clay pipes in the picture are of a very large size, i measured round the pipe and it was about 24" all the way round, so what size flexible adaptor do i need that will fit to a standard pipe that are used nowadays ? and where can i get this from ?...ive looked everywhere but no one does that big a size...help please

see image below of pipes.

www.imagehosting.com/show.php/367419_DSC00729.JPG.html

Sponsored Links
do you mean it is 24" external circumference? Is that 8" external diameter? What is the internal diameter?

Are you measuring the socket or the pipe?

I think that would make it 6" clay.
Would mean 150mm inspection chamber with adapters on the clay to suit. Hepworth Drainage do all sizes and adapters.

Why not just build a chamber and cut the existing clay to form a channel in the chamber with concrete haunching as here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back