old gas oven & hob out: In electric oven and gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dont know where to start, i have an old gas oven and hob and throwing it out, and i want an electric oven and gas hob, i am getting an electrician in but what will need t0o be done, i have no electrical switches for the oven or anything,

is this a costly job??

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If its a single oven, it should be quite happy working from a 13amp plug (which may well be already fitted). I would selctthe oven & ask what power supply / rating.

i cant see a plug, it should be at the worktops should it not, i dont wanna move my oven due to gas reasons.

will the electrician install a new oven plug?

any ideas of costs involved (roughly)

Read the instructions for the oven, it will tell you the supply required.
If sparks fits a plug, no doubt he has his call out fee, I would expect him to do it inclusive.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I would selctthe oven & ask what power supply / rating.
Dont ask in the shop. All you'll get is "oh, it requires a cooker circuit", and I guarantee you'll get that answer for every fixed cooking appliance in the shop. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back