Old Potterton Housewarmer 55 Pilot Light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model:- GC 44 590 19

Hello, I seem to have a issue with the pilot light. The pilot light, lights but the igniter still carrys on firing like it has not detected that its lit. Will this be a oxy pilot unit fault. I don't know exactly how the boiler knows how its lit in the first place ?.

Picture of oxy pilot looks like this : -
ebm1.jpg

Sponsored Links
You really need a RGI for this, it sounds like the control board is faulty but it needs to be checked out.

You won't receive any gas related diy advice on this open forum.
The lead performs 2 functions.

Sponsored Links
Fixed, No more replys need. No PCB was required, but that is exactly what my Gas Safe Register / Corgi Guy Said, good job I did not have it fit.

Why do I get the feeling that the pilot unit has been replaced, hope it was your GSR chap that did it?

Well all that was required was to Blow out the vent hole In the Oxy Pilot, with some computer compressed air. Which required no disassemble at all. Again GSR has left me with no confindence for the second time. A company Wanting to charge for a PCB Board, and would of probably cleaned out the pilot at the same time.
The last Time 2 year ago, I had fire serviced, by a different company, then next door had an issue with there fire, and carbon monoxide was leaking through our shared chimney stack. Lucky I had a monoxide tester. An inspector came out and told us the Company had failed to notice the the gas meter pipe was not sleeved through the wall and vents in living room was blocked and my gas was turned off & sealed, until repairs was carried out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back