Old Screw-in resettable fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where one can source a resettable fuse. Its at least 10-15 yesrs since it was purchased and its now faulty..
This was screwed in to a common fuse unit, and had 2 buttons on the front. One was a large black one in the centre, the other a small red one to the side of the black one. When you pressed in the black one, the fuse was active and the black button remained in...if you pressed the red one, it popped out the black one and the circuit was disconnected.
it was fitted on a central heating motor circuit and was 6 amps I think.
Any help appreciated? Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you put up a photo someone may recognise it. It may also have a makers name somewhere.

As you say the buttons are next to each other (not one above the other) then I don't think it's a Wylex, which is the most common old MCB in the UK.

esb1 said:
Does anyone know where one can source a resettable fuse. Its at least 10-15 yesrs since it was purchased and its now faulty..
This was screwed in to a common fuse unit, and had 2 buttons on the front. One was a large black one in the centre, the other a small red one to the side of the black one. When you pressed in the black one, the fuse was active and the black button remained in...if you pressed the red one, it popped out the black one and the circuit was disconnected.
it was fitted on a central heating motor circuit and was 6 amps I think.
Any help appreciated? Thanks

I believe you are referrin to the old wylex mcbs, they plug into a base which is screwed into the cu. This would be the old B type mcbs ie

30 amp would be a B30 and have a red base. These can be replaced by the newer versions which have a flick switch instead of the two buttons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back