old sick vaillant combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a vaillant vcw sine 18 t3 combi boiler, the problem i have is that the dhw and central heating are only luke warm, it's almost as if it is not throttling up when required ie when the hot water is required the boiler fires up but not with the usual vigour. Two local "engineers" both say parts are not available get a new one. Any suggestions ideas would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i have a vaillant vcw sine 18 t3 combi boiler, the problem i have is that the dhw and central heating are only luke warm, it's almost as if it is not throttling up when required ie when the hot water is required the boiler fires up but not with the usual vigour. Two local "engineers" both say parts are not available get a new one. Any suggestions ideas would be much appreciated.

Go direct to Vaillant. They will give you a difinitive answer on the availability on parts. They may even offer a fixed price repair.

Sine 18's are getting on in years. They are or were very good boilers IMO.

Regards

Those 2 local engineers said that because not many undertand the way these boilers work.Many parts are available but at a premium price.I'd give it one more go and check with the engineer that he knows these boilers.It may be time to upgrade rather than spending loads on a boiler that may be 20 yrs old.

Temprise";p="1797549 said:
Go direct to Vaillant. They will give you a difinitive answer on the availability on parts. They may even offer a fixed price repair.

Sine 18's are getting on in years. They are or were very good boilers IMO.

Regards

i agree with both !! and most parts are still available just a few bits are tricky to get.

Sponsored Links
I this model stopped production 1988 so must b at least 22 years old
They were brilliant machines an were top of range when me an 831 bunny were trainin in remscheid only 6.3 l/m tho lol!!however they r deemed obsolete by Vaillant they won't touch em anymore what area r u in??

Those were the days! Sounds like a partially stuck PD valve or someones wound the slow ignition screw in hard on the solenoid :rolleyes:

You could start a car on the gas valve solenoid! Still look after about 30 on my patch, slowly being changed as expansion vessels leak and heat exchangers burn out... :cry:

Changed a 1980 LPG VCW18 in 2009 for an 831. That one did have a new main around 2000 but was fully working when it came out. Custard just wanted to change to condensing to save fuel costs.

Just a quick update on the sick old vaillant vcw sine 18 t3, had a guy in yesterday who actually took the thing to bits (he'd never seen one before let alone work on one) but fair play to him got it working like its never worked before, he has to order a part for it and will be back to service and install new part when he's read up on them. Anyway thank you all for your replies.

I still look after a few and have only needed to replace one because it had multiple faults and the cost of the parts would have been the same as a new boiler.

I do have some new parts and as well have two old ones available to ensure that I can quickly repair any I am asked to fix.

Its most often now that the ones I am being asked to fix have been under a BG care plan but when it went wrong they said they could not repair it. The last one was just the water flow unit which is a simple repair that even some DIYers manage.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back