old sime halstead bolier - strange behaviour!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically my old Sime Halstead Combi doesn't provide hot water unless the heating is on. The heating works fine but when only running hot water it varies between tepid and cold.

Is there anything anyone can recommend? - I've tried upping the pressure but to no avail.

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve is faulty.

I didn;t know halstead made simes? Anyhow some of the guys have been discussing that Halstead parets are expensive and generic diverter valves fit. You would want a pretty experienced local guy to advise and ask him if a generiuc gianoni valve will do you.

AndyNorth said:
Basically my old Sime Halstead Combi doesn't provide hot water unless the heating is on. The heating works fine but when only running hot water it varies between tepid and cold.

Is there anything anyone can recommend? - I've tried upping the pressure but to no avail.

Hey, AndyNorth

I've just logged this post: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43259

I have the same problem - did you manage to fix yours?

I mentioned in the other post that I called out a heating engineer who told me it wasn't the divertor valve - I'm looking for some clues to help me diagnose the problem (can't call someone out again - costs too much).

Sponsored Links
Paul, I gather that Sime made some boilers for Halstead.

Consider them as Sime although the primary name in the UK may be Halstead.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back