Old Wickes Alarm help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK heres my problem, i want to stop my alarm going off when the electricity goes off like when monet runs out on the meter, i mean i can see the TV etc is off i dont need the bloody alarm to tell me to put the key in.
Anyway i dont have the manual anymore so i was wondering does anyone know how to do this?

Sponsored Links
You require a replacement back-up battery , take the old one out , take it to Screwfix and get a new one.

OK heres my problem, i want to stop my alarm going off when the electricity goes off like when monet runs out on the meter, i mean i can see the TV etc is off i dont need the bloody alarm to tell me to put the key in.
Anyway i dont have the manual anymore so i was wondering does anyone know how to do this?
If the system had been serviced correctly you would not be in this situation.

The " ****** " alarm is just doing what it is designed to in the event of a loss of power to the control panel.

Sponsored Links
or...... if this happens on a regular basis, and it sounds like it does because your panel battery is dead, you may want to remove the battery from the external bell-box if there is one.

Taking it one step further, you could even remove the battery from your alarm panel if avoiding annoying your neighbours is more important than being without an alarm in the event of mains failure.

As long as you understand the consequences of not having a battery in either the bell-box or the panel, then it's your decision ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back