One Cold Rad, and one bloody noisy one!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have recently just purchased my first house and have a slight issue with the central heating.
First one of the rads is stone cold, I have turned the TRV up full and have blead the rad but water came right out. Both inlet and outlet pipes are also stone cold.
Second issue is that another of the radiators is noisy, when the trv is off no noise but when i turn it up its like you hear the water going through the rad, rather annoying.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the system may need balancing. There's info on how to do it on the "How to.." and "Wiki" tabs above.

Click here for link to balancing information

To get your cold radiator working try turning off all of the others for a while and see if it warms up then. You may have an airlock or restriction in the pipes that full pressure from the pump will clear. If you have a traditional system with a hot water cylinder (ie not a combi) then make sure the hot water is off at the programmer too when you try this

This is assuming that one of the pipes to it aren't frozen.

Welcome to the world of home ownership BTW ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back