One Cold Rad Upstairs, all other rads working fine. HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler : Worcester 240
Pressure : 1 Bar
Building : 2 Storey

Unsure when the problem started as the cold weather has just begun. Bedroom rad is stone cold but all others, including those on the same floor, are working fine. It did work before but no more! Both the inlet and outlet are cold as well. All rads have been bled upstairs but nothing works. Recently, we had the kitchen refitted but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :eek:

Sponsored Links
Either a stuck valve - especially if a trv, - check the pin springs up and down

or an airlock - close other rads which should make it work eventually.

...And if you've had the decorators in check the lockshield valve is open too, subject to proper load balancing (search "how to....balance a system")

Thanks for your swift replies. :D I will try out the tips today.
One more question however, which valve would I need to turn to up the pressure in the boiler.
It has slipped down to below 0.5.
Could this be the reason for my troubles?
I remember the guy who did our kitchen saying that the pressure should be at 2.
Does this sound correct??

Sponsored Links
yep, plenty food lots of cuddles, new shoes yesterday, all nice new flouresent gear and a leg light for riding in the dark , unlike some of the dikheads on bikes with no lights at all.

Could someone tell me how to check the pin springs on a TRV rad??

Cheers

Hi...you need to take the sensing head off the trv and push the small pin down. It should spring back up by itself. Or if its stuck down already you will be able to feel that its down as you push it. DON'T pull it up because on some trv,s the pin comes out and you get an unwelcome shower. Try tapping the side of the valve for a while if it is stuck, sometimes that will free them.

Just tried everything that has been suggested. Both inlet and outlet are freezing cold. Anymore suggestions?? This is driving me mad. Got a 10 wk old baby to keep warm :mad: Bless her little cotton socks. Can't understand seeing as it worked before. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SI

I whacked the vavle and hey presto it worked. Thanks to all you guys. Til the next time. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back