one cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, pulling my hair out here. I have one cold radiator upstairs, the pipes leading to it are stone cold and the adjoining rooms radiators are working well. I have tried turning all radiators in the house of execpt the cold one, turning on the pump to its highest, but this did not work. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you know the radiator has worked before then you can presume it is not an installation fault. If no work has been recently done to the system to cause a fault then it may be a flow problem. There are a few diy type checks you can do, try bleed the radiator of air, if the radiator is full of water ie no air is released then try to draw water to the radiator by allowing water to discharge from the bleed valve into a bowl you may want to turn one valve off in turn on the rad to allow water from the flow and return side to discharge. You must ensure that if the boiler is a combi you manually top up the pressure level. If you carry out this procedure with hot water in the system you can tell by the discharge water when it is hot that you have water flow to the rad.
There are many numerous potential problems but I would initially try some of the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back