One door supplier to avoid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's an account of my experience with http://www.doorsmade.com.

Quote received for a bespoke door from doorsmade, very good, very competative, website all looked very professional. Even had a personal response from a director.

Door order expected delivery 6weeks.

Contacted supplier 1 week prior to completion they said the door was just being finished.

2weeks after that (1week after delivery date) they finally responded to my emails and phone calls. The door order was never placed, they offered to either refund or place the order again. I stupidly trusted that they wouldn't mess it up again and re-ordered.

Unsurprisingly when the due date arrived the door didn't, no response from emails or phone calls for a week.

Finally a response the door delivery was delayed by 2weeks.

2weeks later delivery date surpassed yet again a few days after I asked for an update I was told the door had been damaged. They could fix it up and send it too me in another week. I decided I'd had enough but then.

Original order was made in May, I'm now door-less in mid Sept and facing another 6week delivery lead time on a new supplier.

I'd question if doorsmade ever manage to delivery anything and would certainly advise all to keep clear...

Any door suppliers that can do an oak veneer 2400x815 door+frame please get in touch!

Sponsored Links
Oh "£$%,

I've also got an order in with them and have been most un-impressed with their communications. Loads of emails back and forth many of which I've had to chase up.

I'm due delivery this week! But just in case, did you get your money back thewheelybin?

thewheelybin,

I'd be very grateful to know your experiences. I too had exactly the same problems. Would be interested to know if the "director" Alistair, said he was away on business and that is why communication was a bit stilted. When he acknowledged that he would not be able to deliver by the due date I cancelled the order. Surprisingly this met with no complaint suggesting that my doors were not even in production. But I was promised my money back immediately. This has not yet been received and I'm concerned.

Would be very interested to know what happened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back