One For The Oil Boys......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, at work I've got a Ecoflam P35 Maior burner that runs with a Suntec pump, which has failed on the solenoid. I've taken the coil off, and the pump still passes oil, so the pin/ spring has jammed open. put a new pump on, ran ok for a couple of fire ups, then does the same thing. Had another in the stores, fitted it, then same again!! All the replacement pumps were bought in the last 6 months. So............. tried to look for an alternative (Danfoss) pump, only to be told they don't produce commercial pumps anymore, but are happy to have all the info on their website to suggest otherwise. B*gg*r !!
Any (useful) suggestions guys?? Or is it a case of bad luck three times?!!

Sponsored Links
Which Suntec pump is it? If it has an integral solenoid, then I would have thought that there would be a BFP equvalent. Have you some contamination that is fouling the solenoid? Unusual for several pumps to have the same problem, especially when the first one would have been a different batch.

If you look at the number on the top of the suntec pump where the solinoid valve is, it is stamped on the pump. If the bloke in parts center knows anything he will be able to order you a danfos commercial pump. Just like I did on a commercial benetone the other day.

As oilhead says change your filter as it might be clogging it open, change the oil line as well just incase of any deposites in the hose.

Does sound like fuel contamination as Suntec Pumps are probably the most robust & Reliable on the market!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay guys. I called Danfoss yesterday with the pump model number of the suntec pump (AS67B , 7449-4) and asked if they still supplied the equivalent Danfoss one, BFP11r8. This is a commercial grade, up to 80ltr/hr, which is what the Suntec one rates at. They no longer make that model, or any others at that rate.
I'm also of the opinion that contamination could be the reason, although the burner filters are probably among the cleanest I have to deal with. When I get a spare bit of time I will look into it more. At the moment the boiler is running fine, so hopefully any particles have passed through

Thanks to you all for your thoughts :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back