One heating zone, one radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The zoning on my heating system has been fixed, but I am slightly worried.

:rolleyes:

When running the attic zone which only has one radiator, the boiler fires and the flow temperature quickly rises (Sometimes above the set flow temperature by a few degrees) it last around 1 minute and then cuts out, the boiler goes into anti cycling for a while then comes back on and does the same thing until the temperature has been reached. This won't happen when both zones are calling for heat (Other zone has 10 radiators and a Myson kickspace), it doesn't happen when only supplying downstairs either.

Is it because the attic only has one radiator?

Regards

Sponsored Links
It should get up to temp quick as there is no resistance i.e other rads and pipes.

What is the problem apart from getting up to temp quickly as you should be pleased. :D

It should get up to temp quick as there is no resistance i.e other rads and pipes.

What is the problem apart from getting up to temp quickly as you should be pleased. :D

So I take what is happening is normal and I shouldn't be worried and it won't result in excessive gas usage.

BTW nice to know you haven't been smoking for so long

:D

Sponsored Links
Hopefully a Corgi will answer you soon.

Thanks for your kind words, even after this long though I would still like a puff! :evil:

I hope a Corgi arrives soon, that is the last thing I am worried about on my new system, TBH I can't be bothered to call back the installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back