one loose brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gday. I have one slightly dislodged brick at the very bottom right hand corner edge at the front of the house, its out about an inch out with no mortar on the vertical joint.Its the first brick up from the damp-course and I have tried to tap it gently back but it wont budge.Should I just repoint or go for the replacement?I do not wish to have a major disaster here.
Rgds
tinpan

Sponsored Links
Any idea how it got like that?
You could just repoint and leave it alone, I'd probably chisel it out and replace, no acros required ;)

Reminds me about when I was putting a box in for a cooker socket. I had to go out into the drive to get the brick back. It was a solid wall & knocked the bricks out.

Gday.I guess it was when the gutters where replaced as the bottom clip is in the mortar where this brick is. No good trying to get this cowboy outfit back as they are opportunists and go around estates drumming up business. Got thro once on the phone but then no joy. None attendance by this mob of "not fit to shovel it from one ship to another”. Well it’s given me a sharp lessen in rougue tradesmen. Will use the accredited ones in future with a proven customer care backbone?
Would it be possible to replace this brick without jack supports????
rgds
tinpan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back