One Radiator Cold - No TRV fitted (I think)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one radiator cold in my house (though two others are starting to do the same, I think). The house is about 3 years old.

I don't think there are any TRVs fitted (though I didn't know what one was until last night), as there is a thermostat in one room upstairs that controls the upstairs heat, and a thermostat in a room downstairs that controls the downstairs heat. The water then runs on its own pump.

If I take the cover off either end of the manual valve they both look the same, with nothing to pop up or down, hence why I think there is no TRV.

The radiator does not need bleeding; I checked and water squirted out straight away.

I can't seem to find any information that doesn't relate to "tap the TRV, it's probably stuck". Any help?

Sponsored Links
you may have a blockage in the rad itself of in the pipework.the only way to check is to drain the rad and take it outside and flush through with a hose.then connect a hose to each of the rad valves and turn on to flush some water through.

As the house is just three years old we can assume the heating system is quite new! Therefore I would first check that the other valve (lockshield) is open - if so then the system may need balancing. :) A TRV has got a head on it with numbers written around the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back