One radiator no working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The radiator in one of our upstairs bedroom isn't working. I've bled the it so there's definitely water in there. The pipe leading to the radiator is piping hot and the valve is open, so I don't understand why the hot water isn't circulating. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I know it sounds stupid but have you made sure the lock valve is fully open on the other side??

how long has this not worked?

could be that although both valves appear to be open that one has stuck closed internally or is clogged up.

to check this, having turned both off, undo one from the radiator, stuffing a rag into the hole in the radiator to prevent too much water loss (have towels, saucepans, buckets around!!!) pull the valve forward and turn on slightly to check that water does flow out. Repeat for the other.

While you're feeling in the mood, drain the radiator out and take to the garden and flush out with a hose until it runs clear.

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back