One Tap hot, 2 taps not - Potterton Puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a bit of trouble yesterday with my heating - turned out to be a couple of small (drip) leaks & low system pressure (leaks were inside the boiler)....fixed the leaks & repressurised the system - heating is working perfectly now & pressure is staying put.

The hot water is now playing up a little - the kitchen hot tap (near to the boiler) is working perfectly with constant temperature....the 2 taps in the bathroom give a short burst of hot water (5 secs) & then go luke warm. The boiler seems to be firing normally & nothing else seems out of place....I have noticed one more small leak at the back of the boiler this morning, again this is only a drip - could this be the cause? (I will be fixing this today anyway).

I assume that all the hot water taps will be fed from the same output on the boiler so I'm a little confused about this......any help will be greatfully received.

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
Small update:
Have fixed the leak that I missed before - hasn't changed anything.

I have noticed one more thing with the Bathroom taps - the temperature seems to be related to the rate of flow ie if I open the tap a small amount the temperature is hot - if I open it fully then it's luke warm.......the Kitchen tap still gives hot water regardless of rate of flow.

The hot water in the bathroom is now sometimes cloudy - white, I presume limescale......I guess this could have something to do with it - how do I get rid of it?

Sorry - one more observation.....the cloudy water is only coming out at a low rate of flow (very cloudy).....when the taps are fully open the water is completely clear.

Kitchen tap runs clear at any rate of flow.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back