One third of Britons admit being racially prejudiced

Different here, of course. We even go so far as to accepting (with the support of our supermarkets) an insistence that we eat halal meat.

Nah they're not forcing people to eat it mate, it's just labelled as halal so you know that the animal has endured unnecessary suffering (ie having its throat sliced through and left to bleed to death). Obviously if you disagree with this brutal method (as many people do) then the normal 'bolt through head' meat is still there.

What another dopey comment based totally on ignorance. :rolleyes:
The bolt to the brain method is just one method of stunning, not killing!

The killling method is still bleeding. :rolleyes:
Read and learn:
http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/x6909e/x6909e09.htm

More importantly, there is no difference between the vast majority of meat slaughtered for Halal, and that slaughtered in non-Halal methods.
As has been discussed before, the only difference is that Halal slaughter includes a prayer being said while the slaughter is in process.

As has been mentioned, this has been discussed very recently in GD forum, so cajar is not only spreading urban mythology, but in total ignorance of previous posts here GD forum.

Sponsored Links
Most racial abuse is in the mind of little people.

Every post you've made over the last week is inciting it.

Most racial abuse is in the mind of little people.

Every post you've made over the last week is inciting it.
What a load of rubbish. Most comments I've made have been criticising abuse.
Lies and ridiculous claims are from the imagination of losers.

Sponsored Links
Poor piece of research by even the lowest standards. You might even think its only intention is to stir up racial hatred.
Please explain how you came to your conclusion that the research is of poor quality. You obviously have to come to that conclusion, so share with us your reasons and methods for arriving at such conclusion.

You honstly, think the BBC are trying to ferment racial hatred? :rolleyes:

Better research here from the World Values Survey. Shows the UK is among the most racially tolerant Countries in the World.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/world-values-survey-racial-tolerance-britain-468205[/QUOTE]
Hardly, better research, they asked a very simplistic question:
"What kind of people would you not want as neighbours?"
In fact, from your reference, I quote:
"The methods used were not without controversy,........../"
So even your reference accepts that your information had misgivings.
The report makes claims that are not verifiable. The researchers don't publish the report it compares to, so we can't see what questions were asked last time. We also don't know if they were asked in the same way or in the same context. The sample was far too small to extrapolate across the whole Country. The survey asks about prejudice but doesn't clarify what it means by that. Prejudice can be interpreted in many ways and it's likely that most people in the World could be described as having some racial prejudice depending on interpretation. So the research is flawed and the results have no meaning. So what is the purpose of it? Who does it benefit? Nothing/nobody! All it does is provide a feeding frenzy for the thought police and a bit more wasted space for the cheap journalists.

Jebs,

Quite simple, it's Provocation, Incitement and Promoting violence.

Here's another urban myth:

Sorry but I beg to differ, I served 2 years in Saudi and when I finally returned to Europe I was glad to 'dry-out', Due to extreme boredom hiding from the midday sun having a drink (alcohol) was common.
Working alongside many 'princes' who were western educated supply was no problem, however I had to call in a lot of favours when our villa was raided during a darts match.

How many immigrant health workers do you come into contact with? Are you suggesting that they can't speak english? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

You probably don't consider yourself racist, but your ideas and comments certainly suggest that you are.
I was not talking about the very many incomers who come to live either here or any of the other European country but those who make no effort at all to integrate or even respect their adopted countries rules.
Here in Wales we had to fight for the right for our 'British' Language of Welsh to be used on Gov documents. My mother in Luton & Dunstable hospital is offered a multitude of languages along with English.
I have the misfortune to have attended Hospitals in France, Germany, Spain and Denmark and (apart from Dk) no English option was initially available.
I would never eat pork in the company of Jewish or Islamic or Vegi college out of respect, but when at home why should I have to seek out non-halal meats that have not suffered in the abattoir .

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Poor piece of research by even the lowest standards. You might even think its only intention is to stir up racial hatred.
Please explain how you came to your conclusion that the research is of poor quality. You obviously have to come to that conclusion, so share with us your reasons and methods for arriving at such conclusion.

Better research here from the World Values Survey. Shows the UK is among the most racially tolerant Countries in the World.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/world-values-survey-racial-tolerance-britain-468205[/QUOTE]
The report makes claims that are not verifiable.
Which report are you refering to?
Without knowing that, it's impossible to continue the discussion.

BTW, the BBC was an aticle that referred to the British Social Attitudes survey. It wasn't a BBC survey or report.

true mate, we in the west have decided on rules governing animal welfare in abbatoirs, we expect our meat to have been at knocked unconscious before a knife goes anywhere near it's throat unlike the barbaric live beheading style halal slaughter.

Sorry but I beg to differ, I served 2 years in Saudi and when I finally returned to Europe I was glad to 'dry-out', Due to extreme boredom hiding from the midday sun having a drink (alcohol) was common.
Working alongside many 'princes' who were western educated supply was no problem, however I had to call in a lot of favours when our villa was raided during a darts match.

When we were there, a party that we were attending was raided. They were, admittedly, asking for it as the front door was wide open and pop music playing loudly. Fortunately, we had just left a few minutes earlier as one of our companions, who had given us a lift there, had a bad headache. Everyone caught by the religious police, which included a large proportion of the hospital's X-ray department, were sent home. This left the department severely understaffed, but religious observation was more important to them than any practical considerations of course! It made the British newspapers.

The report makes claims that are not verifiable.
Which report are you refering to?
Without knowing that, it's impossible to continue the discussion.

BTW, the BBC was an aticle that referred to the British Social Attitudes survey. It wasn't a BBC survey or report.
You are hard work. Research gathers data/information of some description and the results are published in a report.

I don't know what you mean about the BBC. I never mentioned the BBC - you did.

true mate, we in the west have decided on rules governing animal welfare in abbatoirs, we expect our meat to have been at knocked unconscious before a knife goes anywhere near it's throat unlike the barbaric live beheading style halal slaughter.

Aah, you've realised how silly your previous comment was claiming that animals are killed with a bolt.
Apart fom that you're embarrassing youself again by regurgitating nearly a whole thead dealing with this very subject only a few days ago.

I suggest you re-read that thread and then return here with your reality in check. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is this more urban mythology?
Apart from that there are lots of moderately religious people in all sorts of religions that observe the rules of that religion as it suits. Why should Saudis be any different? Why should they be castigated for choosing which religios rules to observe and which not to observe?

There are many other religions that state what one can't do, yet many choose to ignore it. So what?
Yet somehow you think it's wrong. :rolleyes:

I would never eat pork in the company of Jewish or Islamic or Vegi college out of respect, but when at home why should I have to seek out non-halal meats that have not suffered in the abattoir .
Tell me what you think is the difference between Halal and non-Halal meat?

There's nearly a whole thread on it just a few days ago.

Sponsored Links
Back