Only one tap at a time works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my house, only one tap will work at a time, so if the washing machine is running and I use the tap or the shower in the bathroom at the same time, when the machine starts drawing water, no water comes out in the bathroom. Is this normal (my new partner thinks not )?
I'm not sure if it matters, but it's a bungalow and the rising main is next to the washing machine.
It just means we have to switch off the dishwasher and washing machine in the kitchen if we have a shower and I've been doing this for about 20 years.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Two things to consider - both pressure and flow. How is the pressure when a tap is just cracked open. If the pressure is good, but the flow is poor, it indicates a restriction of some sort - crushed pipe, stop tap not quite open, blockage in the pipe. Poor pressure might be due to you being high up/ or at the far end of a supply pipe - does it get any better during the night time, when everyone is in bed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back