Open Therm Controller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,
Hoping someone may have some experience and be able to recommend a multiple boiler controller using the 'open therm' protocols?
Basically we've got two Keston C55's, and going to be running them cascade style, were planning to use one of their mulit-rig controllers, but after the boss bought the two boilers from the merchants... Keston now say they cannot sell us the controller on its own - only with one of their pre-assembled rigs, which also has another two boilers! Seems silly but they refuse.

Tried buying the controller eslewhere since its apparently a Honeywell AX500 - but seems it was made specially for keston.

So now we're on the hunt, as it were, and have seen a few controllers - but hoping you may know of one in particular which seemed OK?

Thanks for any Help.
Joe ;)

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at the Honeywell Cronotherm OpenTherm, or is it the same unit? You will find Honeywell don't make anything especially for anyone, well not small outfit like Keston.

Keston being choosy? They have a cheek! They are no Vaillant in size at all. They have a poor reputation to turn around too.

Hi, Had briefly looked at it the other day, but did mean to go back an have a thorough read of it, will need to do that now - I'm sure it would be one of the easier ones to get.

I did wonder if this unit was what keston used, but Plumb center were able to track down the specific one keston have, only after searching for keston AX500 as opposed to Honeywell AX500. It was Keston who said it was a honeywell unit - and it seems they may have actually been telling truth...

Needless to say I was a bit surprised when the guy at Keston started getting funny, but oh well.

Thanks
Joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back