Open vent system...water pressure?

Martyc, I think you have a valid point if the boiler is indeed converted to be suitable for sealed systems, which basically means that it has an overheat stat fitted so that an open vent ceases to be so important.

However, although the F&E tank effectively replaces the expansion vessel of a sealed system, you probably ought to have a PRV. You really need the MIs anyway. Can't you phone Ideal and ask them to post you a copy?

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,
Ive been trawling the web looking for MI's but cant seem to find them..ill get them somehow.
There is a PRV fitted..its fitted on top of the boiler..its a 3 bar rating so my poor vent setup really should'nt be a danger.

So...im still stuck with the issue...why the hell wont it start uop!!
Can air in the system/lack of pressure cause it not to even try to fire??...fan isnt even coming on.

Can i check for voltage @ the gas solenoids(gas is not getting past these...I have checked!

Marty.

Hi Chris,
Interesting thread...ill have a look @ that but i think i might know what the problem is.
When i switch on the boiler there is ~35 volts on two dual gang relays however only one of them appears to be closing.(electromagnet knackered)
I shorted out the one that wasnt closing and hey presto the fan started up...the other side of the relay i think operates one of the gas solenoids.
So basically i need a new relay.

If u could email me those to ************ it would be great.
I mailed ideal but i doubt ill get a response too soon.

Rgds,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Mod...didnt realise,
You were quick BTW!!

Edit:
Profile updated now..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back