Open vented system - air

Well, it would stop air being drawn . I'm wracking my brain for a setup we did back in the 80's with the Glow Worm fuel saver boiler - seem to recall 22 coming out of the side of the F+E (25mm off the bottom) then after about 300mm a T rising about 55mm and then a 45 bend to take the vent up+ over the F+E. (Had a diagram of it somewhere:unsure: .) After the T another 150mm or so then a bend downwards and to the flow and pump. 'twas a glorified combined feed/vent and was for low head installs - similar to what you have. You might find it in an old install manual ( on t'net)

Sponsored Links
Interestingly I'm still getting air in the boiler bypass rad (and only that rad - no others) despite extending the expansion pipe to below the F&E water level... suggests a leak somewhere?

Most of my pipework is boxed in. zero signs of a leak though.. even when I bleed a lot of air (as in most of the rad seemed almost empty when I'd been away a week!) I never hear the feed tap running and it's right next to that rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back