Opening a roller blind mechanism

Let's get this straight, rather than a continuous loop of chain the blind has one chain but broken, effectively. Presumably one end you pull and the chain goes down, you pull on the other end and it goes back up. Presumably at no time can the end of each chain disappear out of sight into the blind cog bit? So begs the question why a chain connector cannot be used to connect the ends?

Or am I missing something? :unsure:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Let's get this straight, rather than a continuous loop of chain the blind has one chain but broken, effectively. Presumably one end you pull and the chain goes down, you pull on the other end and it goes back up. Presumably at no time can the end of each chain disappear out of sight into the blind cog bit? So begs the question why a chain connector cannot be used to connect the ends?

Or am I missing something? :unsure:
Yes you are being nosy questioning why he wants to do it so that you might be able to come up with a helpful alternative solution. Stop backing him into a corner you will only irritate him :evil:

Yes you are being nosy questioning why he wants to do it so that you might be able to come up with a helpful alternative solution. Stop backing him into a corner you will only irritate him :evil:
May have been said in jest but yes that's exactly how I feel. Great way on how to alienate users seeking help.

Doesn't matter now anyway, I'm seeking help from a more helpful forum site.

/Unwatch

I guess I must be missing something then. All I've done is seek to understand the problem and offer a solution.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back